- Before making any recommendation, we will conduct either on-site or over the phone interviews with your Event and Medical Directors. Both discussions will give us a better understanding of what you may currently have in place.
- In addition to these interviews, we also suggest that various second and third level staff/volunteers be interviewed so we can obtain a prospective beyond the executive level.
- Further meetings/discussions will take place with your local EMS and hospital support system. Both should be considered vital partners when offering medical care at your event.
- A review of injury/illness trends for the past 5 years will take place. In addition, we would also review all website, email blasts and medical protocols currently being used.
- We will also work with you to provide a complete, on-site, medical evaluation of your existing medical program. This aspect of our evaluation is vital to our overall recommendations, as to your protocols and specific interactions on race day.
- For those events that do not have appropriate staffing and treatment protocols in place, we can provide a number of options that bring your race up to the “standards of care” many of the larger races/events already utilize.
Thank you for your interest in Sports Medicine Consultants. We welcome the opportunity to work with you as we develop a safe and enjoyable environment for your athletes.